The SVTC Announces New Directors to the Board
We’re delighted to announce that we have newly appointed directors to our board as an outcome of our last election! The SVTC Board of Directors is divided into two groups, called classes, for governance purposes. Each year, the term of one of the classes expires. To prepare, the SVTC holds an election in the spring of each year so that a new class of directors is elected and can be appointed by the board of directors before the end of the term on June 30th.
The following members were appointed by the board on June 14 based on this past spring’s Class II election:
- John Paul Ashenfelter (*) | Transitionpoint | Harrisonburg
- Kim Blosser | Lord Fairfax Community College | Middletown
- Karen Bowman | Rockingham Insurance | Harrisonburg
- Sarah Cheverton | JMU University Programs / Online Learning | Harrisonburg
- Peter Denbigh (*) | Skyler Innovations | Staunton
- Mike Goertzen | Serco, Inc. | Harrisonburg
- Kirsten Moore (*) | The Hub Coworking | Harrisonburg
- Kurt Plowman | City of Staunton | Staunton
- Dick Shimp | ComSonics, Inc. | Harrisonburg
- Bob Stolle | Center for Innovative Technology | Herndon
- Ed Yoder (*) | PBMares | Harrisonburg
* Director is new to the board
To view all board members see: SVTC Board of Directors by Class and Committee (pdf).
Again, we are so happy to have some new faces on the SVTC board. Welcome, and thank you for your service to the Shenandoah Valley Technology Council!