The Rebuild VA Grant Fund is a program to help small businesses and nonprofits whose normal operations were disrupted by COVID-19. Businesses and non-profits that are approved for a Rebuild VA grant may receive up to 3 times their average monthly eligible expenses up to a maximum of $10,000. The Rebuild VA program has been capitalized with $70 million and will provide assistance to approximately 7,000 businesses and nonprofits. Half of the program funds will be distributed to eligible small businesses and nonprofits operating in low-income and economically disadvantaged communities, including ensuring there is adequate representation of minority-owned and women-owned businesses. Applications open on August 10, 2020.
Webinars: How to Apply
These sessions will go over the eligibility requirements and documentation needed to apply when the application opens on August 10th.
One of the key things about this grant application is you get one shot to fill it out, you cannot return to the application and update or load new/additional documents, so have these ready in PDF form to upload with the application! This is a first come, first served opportunity, so get your documents ready to apply August 10.
- SCC Certificate of Good Standing
- Incorporation documents for your business-or non-profit, including one of the following:
- Articles of Incorporation (e.g., C-Corp, S-Corp)
- Articles of Organization (e.g., LLC)
- Declaration of Partnership (e.g., Partnership)
- IRS Letter of Determination (e.g., 501c3)
- Business License (e.g., Sole Proprietor, Independent Contractor)
- Certificate of Fictitious Name (e.g., Sole Proprietor, Independent Contractor)
- Form 1099 (individual contractors)
- Current Owner Photo ID (e.g., VA Driver’s License, VA Real ID, Permanent Resident Card, Passport)
- Copies of 2019 Federal Income Tax Returns, and 2019 interim financial statement. If your 2019 Federal Income Tax Return has not been filed, a year-end profit-and-loss statement and balance sheet for 2019.
- Commonwealth of VA Substitute W-9 form
- Documentation demonstrating qualifying salary or payroll, including one of the following:
- VEC-FC-21/20 quarterly report
- Payroll processor records;
- Payroll tax filings;
- Form 1099-MISC; or
- Other documentation to demonstrate the qualifying salary or payroll
- Mortgage statements or rent/lease agreements
- Utility bills
- Paid invoices, contracts, cancelled checks, or other documentation to substantiate eligible COVID-19 expenses incurred to continue operations or re-open the business or non-profit.
One important point is that if a company has received government funding through the CARES ACT from any federal, state or local agency, they will not be eligible for this program. That would include any firm that received PPP, EIDL, CDBG, etc.
You can find additional information at https://www.governor.virginia.gov/rebuildva/