We all know that Shenandoah Valley businesses and potential startups have been affecting during this time. Below, you can find information about two programs that provide access to resources for both startup companies and growing businesses.
Small Business Resiliency Team (SBRT) Program:
The SBRT is funded by a GO Virginia grant with the goal of providing expanded business support services and technical assistance to area businesses in the wake of COVID-19 challenges. The program will deploy Business Resiliency Navigators to guide growth-oriented businesses through a dedicated and well-designed process for achieving incremental and sustainable growth throughout the pandemic recovery period.
How does the SBRT program work?
- You will receive personalized service from your SBRT Navigator* as they develop an Action Plan specifically designed to help you reach your goals.
- Your Navigator will identify and invite Experts in appropriate fields to add information and help you implement the steps from your Plan.
- They will also provide tools and other resources to assist you and introduce local service providers for specialized tasks.
- The SBRT program costs you nothing until you may decide to engage one of the local providers to continue working for you to implement needed tasks.
More information at https://www.valleysbdc.org/sbrt/
Startup Shenandoah Valley:
Startup Shenandoah Valley is a hybrid program that combines the strengths of accelerator and incubator models. The program delivers online coaching to identify and address the riskiest parts of each entrepreneur’s business model. Participants will join a cohort with access to the best resource providers, mentors, and investors in and beyond the region. This powerful network and flexible online guidance are what make S2V unique. S2V is offered to participants at no charge and without equity requirements.
More information at https://stauntonfund.org/s2v/
Shenandoah Valley Business Scale-Up Program:
In partnership with the National Center For Economic Gardening (NCEG) and the GO Virginia Region 8 local jurisdictions,* the Shenandoah Valley Business Scale-Up program provides qualifying second-stage companies with custom resources to identify and resolve distinct growth challenges that traditional business assistance and incentives do not address.
Companies accepted into the program begin an engagement period of approximately 6-8 weeks for quick turnaround time and highly-focused structure. The typical length of engagement with the National Center is approximately 12-16 weeks. A portion of costs are covered by a GO Virginia Region 8 matching grant and the company’s respective local governing body.
Eligible companies will receive customized services from a team of research specialists, including, but not limited to:
- Strategic growth plans to develop new markets, refine business models, and utilize competitive intelligence
- Increased visibility through improved digital presence, search engine optimization, and social media marketing
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data analysis and mapping
More information at https://theshenandoahvalley.com/resources-reports/business-scale-up-program/