Whether you are a student, entrepreneur, business owner, leader or employee it is often hard to know what to do next when you have an idea. This webinar will provide a simple 3 step framework to move any idea forward. You will hear first hand from entrepreneurs and creatives about how they used this framework. You will also have the opportunity to join presenters and other attendees in a virtual networking session after the webinar.
- Andrew Miller | Eastern Mennonite University | Director of Graduate & Prof. ProgramsAndrew Miller is the Director of Graduate and Professional Programs with the Department of Business and Leadership. He has an interest in working with students and leaders towards self-understanding and personal formation as a foundation for organizational leadership and development. He draws upon his diverse background in strategic leadership studies, economics, and theology as a grounding for this process.
- Andrew Yoder | Financial Controller, Sol Renewables, Inc.
Andrew Yoder is the Financial Controller for Sol Renewables Incorporated, a renewable energy company. He focuses on portfolio structuring, asset finance, and investment banking relations. In early 2020, Andrew, along with seven other colleagues, founded Sol Renewables. Andrew’s background is in renewable energy finance, asset valuation, and project development. Andrew completed his undergraduate degree and MBA from Eastern Mennonite University.
- Nick Swayne | JMU | Executive Director, 4-Virginia & Founding Director of JMU X-Labs
Nick Swayne is the Executive Director of 4-Virginia and the founder of JMU X-Labs. The 4-Virginia collaboration of eight Virginia public institutions works to leverage their combined strengths to improve higher education’s efficiency and economic impact. He created JMU X-Labs to help develop the campus’ innovation ecosystem. Nick serves as faculty advisor for the Stanford University Innovation Fellows and is the Harrisonburg Regional Veterans Collaborative founder.
- Tisha McCoy-Ntiamoah | Owner, PrePOPsterous
Tisha McCoy-Ntiamoah is the owner and Chief Popcorn Enthusiast behind PrePOPsterous® Gourmet Popcorn & Sodas, based in Bridgewater, VA. Prior to launching the company, McCoy-Ntiamoah previously held careers as a sales representative for Hershey Chocolate USA, and as program directors for the Orientation and MBA offices at James Madison University. After four years of running the business part time, alongside her full time career, Tisha pivoted from her career in higher education to running the business full-time.
- Joe Sprangel | Mary Baldwin University | Dean, College of Business & Prof. StudiesJoe Sprangel is the dean of the College of Business & Professional Studies and associate professor at Mary Baldwin University and founder/principal consultant of Emmanuel Strategic Sustainability. His objective is to successfully blend his academic and industry practice background to strengthen the organization’s work on sustainable strategic planning.
- Dustyn Vallies | Co-Founder of Local Food NetworkDustyn Vallies is a Co-founder of Local Food Network, where he leverages his research experience with regional stakeholders to develop cooperative supply chain technology. In coordination with the Regional Acceleration and Mentorship Program in Roanoke, VA, Dustyn has implemented customer discovery methodology, conducted over 200 local food stakeholder interviews, and managed wholesale local food procurement technology programs in Richmond, VA.