Are you interested in a cybersecurity undergraduate intern for your business (virtual or onsite)? Has funding been a challenge? CSIIP can assist! The Commonwealth STEM Industry Internship Program (CSIIP) can assist with all areas of STEM internship placements, and is the host to a special project titled, “Commonwealth Cyber Initiative” (CCI) which provides financial subsidies to employers in search of a cybersecurity student intern. These services are free of charge!
Here are important details specific to the CSIIP-CCI opportunity to qualify your company for a subsidy:
- Register your company with CSIIP: https://csiip.spacegrant.org.
- Must be a small to medium sized company defined by the Small Business Administration. See link for details: https://www.sba.gov/.
- Must have a cyber-related project for the intern.
- Employer must pay the intern to benefit from the subsidized placement with CCI which is 25% of the total cost of the intern up to $2,500.
- Subsidies are offered on a first come, first serve basis.
Here are student details specifically for the CCI opportunity:
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be attending a Virginia state-school.
- Must be pursuing a cybersecurity or related major.
Please join on Thursday, January 28th at 11:30 AM for a virtual information session.
Join the Zoom Meeting here: https://odu.zoom.us/j/91897722279