Award Nomination Guidelines & Details
The 2021 nomination season is now closed.
Neither nominee nor nominator needs to be a member of the SVTC to be nominated. For a list of nomination guidelines for each award category please see: TN21 Nomination Guidelines (pdf). General guidelines can be found below. Also see: Previous nominees and winners.
Nomination submissions closed on Monday, May 3 and the judges will meet the following week. Also that week, we will announce the nominees and communicate with them to prep them for the event. Tech Nite 2021 will be on June 16. Reservations will open in mid-May. We will again use the virtual platform Remo.
Important Details to Know
- The full guidelines for each award category can be found here: TN21 Nomination Guidelines (pdf). We urge nominators to share these guidelines with the potential nominee so they can help prep the nomination.
- Nominators are strongly encouraged to communicate with the individual(s) or organization(s) being nominated prior to submission so that the nominee/organization is fully aware of the content and can contribute. The nominee should expect to be contacted by the SVTC after the nomination has been accepted for verification of facts and work-up of a short bio for the program.
- Example narratives from last year: Tech Nite Narrative 21.
- The SVTC will only accept one submission PER company/organization, individual or effort so that each company, individual or effort is only nominated for one of the award categories each year (not in multiple categories). Please coordinate and communicate with the nominee first. No surprises!
- A previous winner is eligible for re-nomination if the company/team/group or individual’s venture has substantially updated or improved since winning previously.
- Nominees should expect to attend the event so that we can honor them publicly.
- Self-nominations are accepted and welcome. Who made a nomination is not published.
Questions? Call the SVTC at 540.568.7882 or email email@example.com