Award Nomination Guidelines & Details
The 2022 nomination season will be open and forms active for submission: Feb. 15, 2022, to March 15, 2022.
Neither nominee nor nominator needs to be a member of the SVTC to be nominated. For a list of nomination guidelines for each award category please see TN22 Nomination Guidelines (pdf). General guidelines can be found below. Also see: Previous nominees and winners.
After the nomination period ends, the judges will meet the following week. Also that week, we will announce the nominees and communicate with them to prep them for the event. Tech Nite 2022 will be on May 4, 2022. Reservations will open in early April.
Important Details to Know
- The full guidelines for each award category can be found here: TN22 Nomination Guidelines (pdf). We urge nominators to share these guidelines with the potential nominee so they can help prep the nomination.
- Nominators are strongly encouraged to communicate with the individual(s) or organization(s) being nominated prior to submission so that the nominee/organization is fully aware of the content and can contribute. The nominee should expect to be contacted by the SVTC after the nomination has been accepted for verification of facts and work-up of a short bio for the program.
- Example narratives from last year: Tech Nite Narrative 21.
- The SVTC will only accept one submission PER company/organization, individual, or effort so that each company, individual, or effort is only nominated for one of the award categories each year (not in multiple categories). Please coordinate and communicate with the nominee first. No surprises!
- A previous winner is eligible for re-nomination if the company/team/group or individual’s venture has substantially updated or improved since winning previously.
- Nominees should expect to attend the event so that we can honor them publicly.
- Self-nominations are accepted and welcome. Who made a nomination is not published. (Self-nominations tend to be the most accurate and complete, and there are no surprises.)
Questions? Call the SVTC at 540.568.7882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org