Award Nomination Guidelines & Details
The 2023 nomination season will be open and forms active for submission: late summer 2023
Neither nominee nor nominator needs to be a member of the SVTC to be nominated. The nomination guidelines for each award category (2022) are available to view: TN22 Nomination Guidelines (pdf). The guidelines for 2023 will be the same or similar. General guidelines can be found below. Also see: Previous nominees and winners.
After the nomination period ends, the judges will meet and determine the winner. (The winner will be announced live from the stage at Tech Nite 23, Oct. 18, 2023). We will announce the nominees on our website and communicate with them to prep them for the event. Tech Nite 2023 will be on Oct, 18, 2023. Reservations will open in the late summer of 2023.
Important Details to Know
- The full guidelines for each award category can be found here: TN22 Nomination Guidelines (pdf). We urge nominators to share these guidelines with the potential nominee so they can help prep the nomination.
- Nominators are strongly encouraged to communicate with the individual(s) or organization(s) being nominated prior to submission so that the nominee/organization is fully aware of the content and can contribute. The nominee should expect to be contacted by the SVTC after the nomination has been accepted for verification of facts and work-up of a short bio for the program.
- Example narratives from last year: Tech Nite Narrative 21.
- The SVTC will only accept one submission PER company/organization, individual, or effort so that each company, individual, or effort is only nominated for one of the award categories each year (not in multiple categories). Please coordinate and communicate with the nominee first. No surprises!
- A previous winner is eligible for re-nomination if the company/team/group or individual’s venture has substantially updated or improved since winning previously.
- Nominees should expect to attend the event so that we can honor them publicly.
- Self-nominations are accepted and welcome. Who made a nomination is not published. (Self-nominations tend to be the most accurate and complete, and there are no surprises.)
Questions? Call the SVTC at 540.568.7882 or email email@example.com