How to Vote for the Serco People’s Choice Award
Use the special hashtag #SVTCPC21 to vote! Pick your favorite nominee(s) and then craft either a public vote or a private vote on Twitter, Instagram, or use a special FB Messenger bot named “Walter”. This is another chance for the 19 nominees to win an award – in the People’s Choice Award category (PCA). ALL 19 nominees are candidates, and anyone (only humans; no automation) can vote for a favorite.
Who can vote?
Can a colleague vote? Yes. Friend? Yes. Grandma? Yes. The fan club – yes. Everyone can vote multiple times. (We are displaying the votes as they come in. Scroll down to see what our social wall looks like RIGHT NOW.)
Where to vote:
Social media posts that use the hashtag #SVTCPC21 AND the name of the nominee (or company/organization) will be counted.
- Your Twitter (set to public) or IG (set to public) plus #SVTCPC21 and the nominee name
- Those that do not have a Twitter or IG account, or don’t want to make a public post, can send a private Facebook Messenger note to “Walter,” a bot (see below)
We’ll accumulate votes before and through the night of the event. The winner will be announced at the end of the event.
Voting with the ‘Walter’ Messenger bot:
This option is great for anyone who doesn’t have a public Twitter and IG account! Open your Facebook Messenger and send a direct vote to the bot “Walter.” (He is the Walls.io Facebook Messenger bot.) It’s easy. All you need to do is:
- Open your Facebook Messenger, and compose a new message.
- In the “To” box write: Talk to Walter.
- Once that populates, mention your fav. nominee and remember the hashtag #SVTCPC21. Be creative while using PG-13 language.
- Finalize the posting of your vote by clicking: Post to wall. (Check for the confirmation from Walter. If he doesn’t confirm, nothing was posted.) See screenshots and a screen capture video
FYI, “Walter” accepts pictures and graphics as well — send the picture first, then follow it up with a message and the hashtag. “Walter” is now active and ready for your votes!
Sample Voting Verbiage (incl. but not limited to):
- For someone else:
- I vote for [nominee name or handle] for the Serco #SVTCPC21
- [nominee name or handle] is the best and should totally win the Serco #SVTCPC21
- Congratulations, [@nominee name or handle] you should win #SVTCPC21 on June 16
- We are nominated for the Serco #SVTCPC21 on June 16 and think we should win 🙂
- Our [job title] is nominated for the Serco Tech Nite award and we believe she is the best and should win the #SVTCPC21
Questions? Email email@example.com