Full Stack Developer (with front end web development focus) at Budget Referee | Harrisonburg
Posted: November 2018
“This position is programming, rather than graphic design. I am a non-technical founder and we have been working on software for household budgeting. I have just moved to the Harrisonburg, VA area and am searching for the right local resource. We have the software @ 85% developed through work over the past 10 months. We have focused on vertical integration and now need the right person who is full stack with a focus on UI. We are currently in Alpha testing and need your expertise for a long-term relationship through testing, launch and continuous as product development. As a fledgling start-up, we would much prefer to find someone who is potentially open to either sweat-equity or deferred compensation.
— David Rosenberg
If this position seems like a good fit for you, please contact David at David@BudgetReferee.com
Level 2 Technician / Systems Engineer at IT Decisions | Harrisonburg
Posted: October 2018
IT Decisions in Harrisonburg, VA has a need for a Level 2 Technician/ Systems Engineer. Experience and skills include:
- Preferred 3-5 years’ experience
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365
- Sonicwall and/or Cisco Networking experience
- VOIP Phone Systems
- Ubiquiti Wireless
- Industry standard certifications and/or the willingness to obtain them.
IT Decisions is a team-centered IT support company. We approach IT differently than others and our customer’s satisfaction is the most important thing to us. Employee benefits include 401k match, health insurance, paid vacation, mileage reimbursement and more. We are looking for someone that thrives in a team environment, communicates well and is driven. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Digital Marketing Specialist & Content Writer at Immerge | Harrisonburg
Posted: Sept 2018
Immerge is seeking a qualified Digital Marketing Specialist/Content Writer to join our team in Downtown Harrisonburg. We are specifically looking for an individual with digital marketing and content writing training/experience. Please note, we are not looking for remote workers at this time. Candidate must be willing to relocate to our area.
- Establish web presence to boost brand awareness
- Suggest and implement direct marketing methods to increase profitability
- Stay apprised of key digital trends and best practices
- Writing copy for websites including blog, social media platforms, advertisements, press releases and other forms of content
- Conduct keyword research
- Talk to customers in order to ascertain and understand their needs, market, and goals.
- Design and manage digital media campaigns aligned with business goals
- Monitor ROI and KPIs
- Provide monthly reports on campaigns
- Experience with Google Adwords and analytics, Facebook business manager, and social media management.
- Familiarity with web design and content management systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- SEO knowledge
- Ability to write targeted keyword rich marketing messages (ads in search and social, search engine data which is meta title and description, blog posts, emails, and social media posts)
- Ability to learn a variety platform interfaces
- Must be able to manage budgets, task assignments and due dates, and maintain project scope.
Mechanical Engineer at Ryzing Technologies | Staunton
Posted: Aug 2018
The Mechanical Engineer in this position will support a variety of projects taken on by the company. This role is primarily defined by two major responsibilities: Technical Support and Product Development. This position requires broad technical prowess and the ability to work effectively within a small group. The Mechanical Engineer has ultimate ownership of and accountability for technical aspects of assigned projects, balancing effort across multiple projects in order to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
Technology Support Specialist at Harrisonburg IT Department | Harrisonburg
Posted: Aug 2018
Do you want to make a difference in the community by partnering with City departments to leverage technology that will effectively serve customers? If so, the City of Harrisonburg’s vacant Technology Support Specialist position may be a great fit for you! Position serves as a technology resource for City personnel and associated users; provides guidance and support in the installation, operation and maintenance of various types of information/communications technology including workstations, peripheral devices, VOIP (Voice over IP) phones, mobile devices and AV equipment. Position keeps records of service requests and fulfillment; assists in network maintenance at the direction of network administrators; performs related work as required. Technology Support Specialist work is performed under the supervision of the Systems Analyst.
Web Development Intern at Chiedo Labs | Harrisonburg
Posted: Aug 2018
Chiedo Labs is a web software services company in Harrisonburg Virginia that builds custom web projects for startups, non-profits, and organizations focused on education and training.
If you’re a motivated, driven, and easy-going self-starter interested in trying your hand at web development we want to talk to you. Zero coding experience is required.