Systems Analyst/Developer at Augusta County Service Authority | Verona
Posted: December 2019
Augusta County Service Authority is seeking a non-exempt full-time Systems Analyst/Developer I or II. Systems Analyst/Developer participates in information services program development and management in coordination with department directors and supervisors; prepares and maintains systems, records, and files. This position will perform scripting/programming in SQL, SQL Report Builder, ASP/VBScript, PHP, C#, and AS/400 environments. Provide analytical support as needed, provide database integration support between various software applications, package software applications for network deployment, maintain software update/patch appliance, maintain hardware and update firmware on various systems as needed, and provide web design and maintenance for ACSA. Additional responsibilities include overseeing setup and deployment of mobile devices, copying and scanning equipment maintenance, investigate and resolve script, report, and software application issues. Troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, remote access connectivity, and related communication systems.
Analyst/Developer I must possess an Associate Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or any combination of relevant education and experience in these fields. Analyst/Developer II must possess a 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or closely related field; prefer (2) years previous experience and/or training in relevant information technology and/or computer operations.
An application with resume can be submitted on our website at www.acsawater.com. A detailed job description is available for review online. Employment applications are available at Augusta County Service Authority Administration & Engineering Office located at 18 Government Center Lane, Verona, VA. Benefits include, health, dental, life insurance, voluntary benefits, vacation pay, holiday pay, and Virginia Retirement System. Monday -Friday work schedule. Equal Opportunity Employer. Posting is open until filled.
Technology Manager at the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Emergency Communications Center | Harrisonburg
Posted: November 2019
Do you want a technology career that is meaningful and has a direct impact in the local community? Consider applying for the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Emergency Communications Center’s (HRECC) Technology Manager position, where you can join a team of professionals who play a vital role in ensuring the public receives emergency assistance in times of crisis.
The Technology Manager is a full-time position with benefits and a preferred hiring range of $57,948 – $67,808 annually (equivalent to $27.86 – $32.60 per hour). The ideal candidate for this position will perform difficult skilled work in overseeing the daily operations and maintenance of the HRECC’s various technological systems.
The Technology Manager:
- Configures and maintains all HRECC information systems, including but not limited to servers, networks, wireless computer connectivity, GIS, telephony, security, powering and monitoring for maximum operational readiness of daily operations for the mission critical systems;
- Administers all networks (CADDEMS, HRECC operations and 9-1-1/telephony);
- Assists ECC command and operations staff with technical information systems related to the Mobile Command Unit (MCU), ensuring proper operation of radios and radio systems;
- Serves as a member of the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Radio Cache Team and Tactical Emergency Response Team (TERT);
- Serves as the primary contact for all related systems and as project manager on assigned technology projects, which includes coordinating with other technical services managers to ensure seamless operation and integration;
- Performs installation, programming, repairs and preventive maintenance on technology and equipment;
- Maintains close contact with operational staff, ensuring reliable and efficient equipment operation of computers, peripherals and backup computing and telephony equipment;
- Assists HRECC Director with systems concept, design, installation, project management and operation of equipment, upgrades, improvements and maintenance;
- Creates and implements system policies and procedures;
- Manages security principles and policies of agency systems;
- Compiles and analyzes reports for equipment usage, readiness and life-cycle planning;
- Supervises technology staff and ensures their success by communicating expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising results;
- Assists with the hiring process, trains, delegates tasks, supervises and evaluates the work of technology employees.
Director of Business Development at Generate Impact | Harrisonburg
Posted: November 2019
Generate Impact is a rapidly growing 10-person digital solutions company focused on supporting humanitarian organizations that believe they can be more effective with our digital expertise. Our core services are custom app development, staff augmentation, and digital design. Our goal is to innovate today to impact tomorrow.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development who will provide leadership and take ownership of our sales strategy, lead generation, lead development, sales operations, sales engagement, and account management.
The ideal candidate will have experience selling to nationally and internationally focused NGOs and will be comfortable selling complex IT solutions, B2B.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and methodology.
- Create and document all sales operations procedures, trainings, systems and processes to ensure the sales operation is scalable and future-proofed.
- Research, identify and build relationships with potential leads.
- Utilize multiple mediums and tactics to build relationships with potential leads, including but not limited to LinkedIn InMail, direct email, postcards, and cold calling.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
- Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Work with the executive team to develop five-year and ten-year business plans for the company.
- Up to 25% travel is required to build new relationships at events, maintain relationships with key accounts, or build relationships with potential accounts.
- Maintain the CRM and ensure it is kept up-to-date.
- Other duties as assigned.
Digital Sales Adminsitrator at Virginia Eagle Distributing | Verona
Posted: October 2019
This position is full time and will be located in Verona, Virginia.
The Digital Sales Administrator will maintain and further the development of Virginia Eagle Distributing’s e-commerce platforms. We are seeking an energetic individual to work cross-functionally with our sales teams as well as our inventory and IT staff to continue to develop our Retailer Portal platform. The Retailer Portal allows our retail accounts to access their account information and place orders as well as receive targeted messages about our portfolio of products. This person will work with the brand development and inventory teams in a sales analytics role as well as a site analytics role to further develop content and timing of messaging on the Retailer Portal. The hired candidate will also work with our in-house point-of-sale design team to develop marketing newsletters and visible graphics for the Retailer Portal as well as internal and external sales communications. An understanding of the beverage distribution industry (macro and craft beers, cider/wine, and non-alcoholic drinks) is preferred.
The ideal candidate for this role is highly motivated, a self-starter, and someone with a strong computer background and an analytical mindset.
Minimum requirements for position:
- College degree required.
- Highly proficient with using the Microsoft Office suite, advanced Excel skills required.
- Proficiency with web design and Adobe design programs are preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to communicate, utilizing the English language in verbal and written form.
- Must not have a criminal history with a felony conviction or plea of no contest to a felony.
UX Designer at Sproutly | New Market
Posted: August 2019
We are looking for someone who can work closely with our clients to understand their product needs, and interface with our engineers about what they are trying to accomplish technically. This individual must be strong in UX design skills and be able to address new concepts and needs of our clients through technically viable, compelling, and easy to use concepts. This will include designing UX’s, creating mockups, wireframes, and using whatever means necessary (Videos, prototypes, storyboarding, etc) to describe the user experience that the engineer is to create. This person must be able to communicate and collaborate well with clients and coworkers, and bring a great deal of creativity and innovation to their work.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Experience designing digital deliverables in Adobe Creative Suite and other industry-standard software (such as Sketch)
- Ability to use strong creative and innovative approaches when faced with challenges outside the norm
- Patient, persistent, and welcoming of critical feedback
- High attention to detail
- A self-starter that works well to deadlines
- A good fit for our company culture that values strong interpersonal skills along with personal and professional growth
- Above average knowledge of front-end development languages
- Previous agency experience
- Experience working with WordPress
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a thoughtful approach and established UI/UX skills
- Interest in new technology and human psychology
- Experience with photography & videography
Tier III Network Engineer at Vision Technology Group | Harrisonburg
Posted: April 2019
Vision Technology Group is looking for a Network Technician to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our customers rapidly expanding infrastructures. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified Network Technicians will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis. Above all the technician must be able to interact with customers in a caring non-confrontational manner.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Frank at email@example.com
Full Stack Developer (with front end web development focus) at Budget Referee | Harrisonburg
Posted: November 2018
“This position is programming, rather than graphic design. I am a non-technical founder and we have been working on software for household budgeting. I have just moved to the Harrisonburg, VA area and am searching for the right local resource. We have the software @ 85% developed through work over the past 10 months. We have focused on vertical integration and now need the right person who is full stack with a focus on UI. We are currently in Alpha testing and need your expertise for a long-term relationship through testing, launch and continuous as product development. As a fledgling start-up, we would much prefer to find someone who is potentially open to either sweat-equity or deferred compensation.
— David Rosenberg
To apply for this position, please contact David at David@BudgetReferee.com