IT Network Administrator, 4-VA | Harrisonburg
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an IT Network Administrator who is responsible for maintaining a reliable, secure and efficient organizational network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure reliable network operation. They will be responsible for the management of the IT ticketing software in coordination with the Helpdesk staff. Under the direction of the IT Director the Network Administrator will help to resolve issues with hardware, software and phones while escalating issues as needed. The Network Administrator will also work on projects as assigned by the Director of IT. Security is of the utmost importance, so the Network Administrator will install and monitor effective security measures to keep all of our organizational data safe.
Minimum Education: Associate or Bachelor’s degree in IT related field.
Minimum Experience: 1 year of working experience in Network Administration.
Required knowledge and abilities: demonstrated effective organizational skills, ability to manage projects through to completion, strong analytical skills, positive interpersonal skills, ability to listen effectively and communicate ideas clearly, strong oral and written communication skills, knowledge of network administration, network hardware and MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word), ability to work with others in a positive and effective manner, ability to formulate reports, analyze outcomes and make recommendations based on data.
Preferred knowledge and abilities:
- Understanding of networking hardware: routers, switches, servers, firewalls, WiFi
- Software: Microsoft Office, Exchange, Active Directory, Sharepoint and Windows 10
- Phone Communication Equipment: IP Telephone System (VoIP)
- Network Security experience
- Prior experience with VMWare and Microsoft HyperV
- Strong understanding of computer network infrastructure
- Ability to lead small teams and make decisions
Assistant Director, 4-VA | Harrisonburg
Posted: November 2020
4-VA is a collaborative partnership between eight Virginia universities that is powered by 4 initiatives. Our mission is to promote collaborations that leverage the strengths of each partner university and improve efficiencies in higher education across the Commonwealth of Virginia. As part of 4-VA at James Madison University, JMU X-Labs was created as a model of education to teach innovation with intention. This is accomplished through transdisciplinary collaboration across the JMU campus and beyond, resulting in academic courses, not for credit workshops, major events, research symposiums, conferences, presentations, and more. The successful candidate will continue to grow the spirit of collaboration across 4-VA at JMU and within the JMU X-Labs program.
- Assist 4-VA Director with all aspects of project administration including fiscal and project reporting to key stakeholders
- Manage collaborative research grant program from call for proposals to post-project assessment and outcomes and support all active faculty grant recipients
- Supervise and manage 4-VA and JMU X-Labs full time and part-time employees serving as chief of staff
- Develop and maintain relationships across departments, colleges, universities, and agencies to further 4-VA and JMU X-Labs mission
- Coordinate 4-VA and JMU X-Labs courses and provide innovative programming for students
Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate required; Masters preferred
- Project management experience
- Comfort and some experience with basic accounting
- Desire to work on meaningful projects
- Proficient with MS Office, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Video conferencing experience
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to lead small teams and make decisions
Solder Technician, VIRTEX | Waynesboro
Posted: July 2020
Compensation$28,000 to $45,000 Annually; Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision; Employment Type: Full-Time;
SMT and Through-Hole Soldering
- Complete PCB assembly on numerous boards for Military and Aerospace Industry
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position and have above-average surface mount and fine pitch soldering skills.
- Ability to work under a microscope for long periods of time to perform inspection/solder repair.
- Must be able to read and interpret assembly drawings.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- IPC-610 Certification desired; IPC J-STD-001 Certification desired
Please contact wcarter@PPI-Timezero.
IT Operations Technician, Segra | Waynesboro
Posted: February 2020
The Technician is responsible for establishing and maintaining environments for research, development and for test and verification purposes upon request for over 12 copies of the Lumos billing system daily.
The Technician will verify and check connections to other systems including Contract fulfillment, point of purchase and mapping. This requires an understanding of several network protocols depending on the connection type.
They will troubleshoot issues on billing applications, physical plant applications, code management applications, transactional servers, and fraud management systems.
The Technician will assist management and internal departments in completion of tasks and projects, including promotion and validation of code and various reporting functions.
The Technician maintains/performs active directory administration; account creation and management for Active Directory as well as any system managed in AD. They update and create mailboxes for user and service accounts.
The Technician is the driver of our audit process. They generate Quarterly access audits for AD groups and SOX regulated systems access and are responsible to follow up on responses from the business leaders for corrections needed to the access lists. They generate monthly contractor audits to ensure timely removal of contractor access from our systems/network.
The Technician is primary support on at least two non-enterprise applications other than what is listed above.
- Education: HS w/tech school or IT training.
- Experience: Corporate level basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office products required. Prior experience with an AS400 System I mainframe is a plus, but not necessary.
- Key Competencies: System command line experience. Program troubleshooting skills. Joblog interpretation skills. Software upgrade experience. Experience with Active Directory and exchange.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employers M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply, visit www.segra.com
Systems Analyst/Developer, Augusta County Service Authority | Verona
Posted: December 2019
Augusta County Service Authority is seeking a non-exempt full-time Systems Analyst/Developer I or II. Systems Analyst/Developer participates in information services program development and management in coordination with department directors and supervisors; prepares and maintains systems, records, and files. This position will perform scripting/programming in SQL, SQL Report Builder, ASP/VBScript, PHP, C#, and AS/400 environments. Provide analytical support as needed, provide database integration support between various software applications, package software applications for network deployment, maintain software update/patch appliance, maintain hardware and update firmware on various systems as needed, and provide web design and maintenance for ACSA. Additional responsibilities include overseeing setup and deployment of mobile devices, copying and scanning equipment maintenance, investigate and resolve script, report, and software application issues. Troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, remote access connectivity, and related communication systems.
Analyst/Developer I must possess an Associate Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or any combination of relevant education and experience in these fields. Analyst/Developer II must possess a 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or closely related field; prefer (2) years previous experience and/or training in relevant information technology and/or computer operations.
An application with resume can be submitted on our website at www.acsawater.com. A detailed job description is available for review online. Employment applications are available at Augusta County Service Authority Administration & Engineering Office located at 18 Government Center Lane, Verona, VA. Benefits include, health, dental, life insurance, voluntary benefits, vacation pay, holiday pay, and Virginia Retirement System. Monday -Friday work schedule. Equal Opportunity Employer. Posting is open until filled.