Customer Success Team Member, BidWrangler | Harrisonburg
Posted: June 2020
The members of our Customer Success Team are responsible for the intake and training of our new customers so that they learn how to obtain optimal value from their bidding platforms and websites and gain confidence in correctly cataloging and clerking auctions. One of our core values is “treat customers like teammates and help them succeed.” The ideal customer success team member embodies this value and strives to see all of BidWrangler’s clients succeed.
Wow customers in any way we can to maintain our reputation for having the best customer service in the auction industry
Assist with the intake of customers for our online software and help solve their problems as they come up on an ongoing basis
Develop an internal curriculum for training our customers, maintain that curriculum, and utilize our internal knowledge base documents to make that curriculum available to the team
Proactively and regularly call new customers to make sure they aren’t having any problems on the technical side of the software
Regularly call existing customers making sure they are getting downloads to their app, exploring specific needs, anticipating new opportunities, and offering great support
Based on interaction with our customers, provide insights to the development team on how we can make our platform easier to use
Communicate to the sales and development teams the features that routinely wow our customers so that we can build on them and use them in marketing our products
Be on-call — as part of a rotating schedule — as a member of our support team to provide an outstanding level of customer service, and in the case of emergencies, be available outside normal business hours
Occasionally travel to trade shows and conventions to represent BidWrangler and market our products to current and potential clients
Additional information and application instructions at https://www.bidwrangler.com/join-our-team
Linux System Administrator, James Madison University IT Dept. | Harrisonburg
Posted: May 2020
The Information Technology Department at James Madison University (JMU) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the JMU team as a Linux System Administrator. The primary responsibilities for this position will be the administration of Linux servers. Additional responsibilities include installing and configuring server hardware and operating systems, monitoring system performance, managing the enterprise storage system SAN and working with the enterprise backup, and providing support to JMU IT Computing customers.
System Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- Installing and administrating Linux server hardware and software in a physical and virtual environment.
- Administering the enterprise storage, SAN system
- Installing and administrating of Zenoss monitoring system and RedHat Satellite system.
- Monitoring server and system performance and making adjustments to correct issues.
- Configuring and monitoring of Linux server back-ups using enterprise back-up software.
- Maintaining security by installing updates to the Linux operating system and installed software.
- Working with hardware and software support engineers to diagnose and correct problems.
- Responding to trouble tickets and work requests and participation in on-call rotation.
- Preparing documentation, memos and various reports for use within Information Technology.
The successful candidate should have the knowledge and skills required for installing and supporting Linux server operating systems; experience using enterprise backup software in a Linux environment; knowledge, skills and abilities required for preparing and presenting formal and informal written and oral presentations of a technical nature, as well as using and understanding written, oral and visual technical material; and excellent customer service skills. Experience installing and administering Linux based monitoring and patching systems (i.e Zenoss, Red Hat Satellite) and a background in programming/scripting languages would be beneficial. Experience working with networked storage systems (i.e. SAN, NFS, NAS). Windows operating system knowledge is also helpful in the position.
Additional information and application at https://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/7596
Tech Lead, Generate Impact | Harrisonburg
Posted: April 2020
The Tech Lead will design and establish a technical vision with the development team and work with developers to turn it into reality. The Tech Lead focuses on technical matters that affect more than just one developer. They weigh in on technical discussions and work with outside stakeholders to define technical options and agree on solutions for future streams of work. They write code with other developers and sometimes call for development “huddles” to agree on a direction. The Team Lead should have a proven track record of full-stack development in multiple technologies. This position is full-time, and is eligible for benefits. Responsibilities and Duties:
- Read and be familiar with:
- Pull requests made by your team.
- Solutions that your systems reuse.
- Code of third-party services maintained by other teams that you need to work with.
- Technical documentation
- Description of the services that you can re-use (both in-house and third-party ones).
- Implementation details of the solutions.
- Known issues for them – to understand risks and plan mitigation for them.
- Become a subject matter expert in the area of your project.
- Have a complete understanding of how the software system works and how to apply changes into that with minimal risk.
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Are familiar with and sometimes will play various roles:
- System design – to architect software and validate all the risks in the early stages.
- Operations – to keep systems up and running.
- Quality engineering – to prevent losses of the company’s reputation.
- Engineering management – to delegate implementation to the team or even other teams.
- Function as an integral part of the development team, actively contributing towards the development of our tools, services and platforms.
- Review and contribute on a regular basis to the ongoing improvement of team practices and approaches, with a view to making the team more effective and improving our service delivery.
- Understand project and development plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines
- Mentor Senior Developers
- Present new technologies to other team members
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
Qualifications, additional information, and application instructions at https://generateimpact.com/careers/tech-lead/
IT Operations Technician, Segra | Waynesboro
Posted: February 2020
The Technician is responsible for establishing and maintaining environments for research, development and for test and verification purposes upon request for over 12 copies of the Lumos billing system daily.
The Technician will verify and check connections to other systems including Contract fulfillment, point of purchase and mapping. This requires an understanding of several network protocols depending on the connection type.
They will troubleshoot issues on billing applications, physical plant applications, code management applications, transactional servers, and fraud management systems.
The Technician will assist management and internal departments in completion of tasks and projects, including promotion and validation of code and various reporting functions.
The Technician maintains/performs active directory administration; account creation and management for Active Directory as well as any system managed in AD. They update and create mailboxes for user and service accounts.
The Technician is the driver of our audit process. They generate Quarterly access audits for AD groups and SOX regulated systems access and are responsible to follow up on responses from the business leaders for corrections needed to the access lists. They generate monthly contractor audits to ensure timely removal of contractor access from our systems/network.
The Technician is primary support on at least two non-enterprise applications other than what is listed above.
- Education: HS w/tech school or IT training.
- Experience: Corporate level basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office products required. Prior experience with an AS400 System I mainframe is a plus, but not necessary.
- Key Competencies: System command line experience. Program troubleshooting skills. Joblog interpretation skills. Software upgrade experience. Experience with Active Directory and exchange.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employers M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply, visit www.segra.com
Computer Science Teacher, Harrisonburg High School | Harrisonburg
Posted: February 2020
- Graduate of an accredited college or university in an approved program of study.
- Holds or is eligible for a Virginia teaching license with an endorsement in Business/Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Possesses outstanding knowledge and skill in the assigned instructional area and demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching and learning in a project-based environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to guide 9-12th grade students through complex problems as they develop new skills and understanding.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse students, staff, parents, and the public.
- View feedback and self-reflection as a tool to improve and grow in teaching responsibilities.
- Emotionally mature, objective, and sensitive to people and their concerns. Able to handle responsibility, work independently, and seek collaborative working relationships with students, families, staff, co-workers and community agencies.
REPORTS TO: Principal and Career and Technical Assistant Principal
- Knowledge of at least one computer science-related disciplinary topic (e.g., design, networking, programming, cybersecurity) to facilitate project-based classes.
- Building a classroom culture in which students learn computer science through project-based, hands-on, and experiential means.
- Prepares students to follow a rigorous pathway from novice to advanced classes by motivating them to engage with adequately leveled coursework that empowers individuals to think critically and take ownership of their advancement.
- Interest in developing strong relationships with local technology-focused businesses for student mentorship and partnership opportunities.
- Prepare students for college and career by developing their skills/competencies according to a state-approved list in each course.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of the VDOE classes Cyber Fundamentals and Exploring Computer Science (Information Technology Fundamental).
- Design engaging lessons that inspire students to do their best work in an inquiring-based or project-based instructional framework.
- Provide a safe and positive environment focused on student learning.
- Perform administrative responsibilities, including managing equipment used for instruction, keeping records of student competencies, assigning grades, and participating in school and district collaborative teams.
- Complies with and supports school and division regulations and policies.
- Maintains appropriate state licensure and/or national level; assumes responsibility for and participates in staff development (professional growth).
- ……(more details in link below)
More information and application at harrisonburg.tedk12.com/hire
Systems Analyst/Developer, Augusta County Service Authority | Verona
Posted: December 2019
Augusta County Service Authority is seeking a non-exempt full-time Systems Analyst/Developer I or II. Systems Analyst/Developer participates in information services program development and management in coordination with department directors and supervisors; prepares and maintains systems, records, and files. This position will perform scripting/programming in SQL, SQL Report Builder, ASP/VBScript, PHP, C#, and AS/400 environments. Provide analytical support as needed, provide database integration support between various software applications, package software applications for network deployment, maintain software update/patch appliance, maintain hardware and update firmware on various systems as needed, and provide web design and maintenance for ACSA. Additional responsibilities include overseeing setup and deployment of mobile devices, copying and scanning equipment maintenance, investigate and resolve script, report, and software application issues. Troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, remote access connectivity, and related communication systems.
Analyst/Developer I must possess an Associate Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or any combination of relevant education and experience in these fields. Analyst/Developer II must possess a 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or closely related field; prefer (2) years previous experience and/or training in relevant information technology and/or computer operations.
An application with resume can be submitted on our website at www.acsawater.com. A detailed job description is available for review online. Employment applications are available at Augusta County Service Authority Administration & Engineering Office located at 18 Government Center Lane, Verona, VA. Benefits include, health, dental, life insurance, voluntary benefits, vacation pay, holiday pay, and Virginia Retirement System. Monday -Friday work schedule. Equal Opportunity Employer. Posting is open until filled.