Electronics Technician, VIRTEX | Waynesboro
Posted: July 2020
Compensation $36,000 to $60,000 Annually; Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision; Employment Type: Full-Time;
Help design, develop, test, manufacture, install, and repair electrical and electronic equipment such as communication equipment, medical monitoring devices, navigational equipment, and computers.
Please contact wcarter@PPI-Timezero.
Solder Technician, VIRTEX | Waynesboro
Posted: July 2020
Compensation$28,000 to $45,000 Annually; Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision; Employment Type: Full-Time;
SMT and Through-Hole Soldering
- Complete PCB assembly on numerous boards for Military and Aerospace Industry
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position and have above-average surface mount and fine pitch soldering skills.
- Ability to work under a microscope for long periods of time to perform inspection/solder repair.
- Must be able to read and interpret assembly drawings.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- IPC-610 Certification desired; IPC J-STD-001 Certification desired
Please contact wcarter@PPI-Timezero.
Information Technology Specialist III, Western State Hospital | Staunton
Posted: July 2020
Western State Hospital may be just the place to practice your profession. Our state-of-the-art facility, professional staff and excellent benefit package make Western State Hospital a premier employer in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. We are seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst who will serve in a lead capacity and work with staff to analyze and document requirements; design application user interfaces; translate requirements into efficient code; develop test plans and test completed programs and modules. This position also communicates with business users and senior IT staff concerning requirements, technical needs, and issue resolution; provides technical support for production applications as appropriate; provides guidance and leadership on industry technical trends; provides mentoring and guidance to junior-level programmer analysts. This position will also provide design specifications programmers and ensure specifications are clear, concise, and meet the needs of the data owner.
The Senior Programmer Analyst position provides support for both internal and external customer facing projects, and works closely with subject matter experts in the business unit as well as with all roles in Information Services & Technology.
- Extensive experience in the design and development of applications using the .Net framework
- Demonstrated experience in database application development using:
- SQL Server 2008 – 2019 R2 databases
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Integration Services, and database integrity tools like Code First and Database First
- Front end development using:
- CSS or RAD tools
- Popular libraries such as Java Script,
Jquery, Angular, Backbone, or Knockout
- Comprehensive experience using Visual Studio (version 2010 to currrent
Additional information and application instructions at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/190748
Tech Lead, Generate Impact | Harrisonburg
Posted: April 2020
The Tech Lead will design and establish a technical vision with the development team and work with developers to turn it into reality. The Tech Lead focuses on technical matters that affect more than just one developer. They weigh in on technical discussions and work with outside stakeholders to define technical options and agree on solutions for future streams of work. They write code with other developers and sometimes call for development “huddles” to agree on a direction. The Team Lead should have a proven track record of full-stack development in multiple technologies. This position is full-time, and is eligible for benefits. Responsibilities and Duties:
- Read and be familiar with:
- Pull requests made by your team.
- Solutions that your systems reuse.
- Code of third-party services maintained by other teams that you need to work with.
- Technical documentation
- Description of the services that you can re-use (both in-house and third-party ones).
- Implementation details of the solutions.
- Known issues for them – to understand risks and plan mitigation for them.
- Become a subject matter expert in the area of your project.
- Have a complete understanding of how the software system works and how to apply changes into that with minimal risk.
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Are familiar with and sometimes will play various roles:
- System design – to architect software and validate all the risks in the early stages.
- Operations – to keep systems up and running.
- Quality engineering – to prevent losses of the company’s reputation.
- Engineering management – to delegate implementation to the team or even other teams.
- Function as an integral part of the development team, actively contributing towards the development of our tools, services and platforms.
- Review and contribute on a regular basis to the ongoing improvement of team practices and approaches, with a view to making the team more effective and improving our service delivery.
- Understand project and development plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines
- Mentor Senior Developers
- Present new technologies to other team members
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
Qualifications, additional information, and application instructions at https://generateimpact.com/careers/tech-lead/
IT Operations Technician, Segra | Waynesboro
Posted: February 2020
The Technician is responsible for establishing and maintaining environments for research, development and for test and verification purposes upon request for over 12 copies of the Lumos billing system daily.
The Technician will verify and check connections to other systems including Contract fulfillment, point of purchase and mapping. This requires an understanding of several network protocols depending on the connection type.
They will troubleshoot issues on billing applications, physical plant applications, code management applications, transactional servers, and fraud management systems.
The Technician will assist management and internal departments in completion of tasks and projects, including promotion and validation of code and various reporting functions.
The Technician maintains/performs active directory administration; account creation and management for Active Directory as well as any system managed in AD. They update and create mailboxes for user and service accounts.
The Technician is the driver of our audit process. They generate Quarterly access audits for AD groups and SOX regulated systems access and are responsible to follow up on responses from the business leaders for corrections needed to the access lists. They generate monthly contractor audits to ensure timely removal of contractor access from our systems/network.
The Technician is primary support on at least two non-enterprise applications other than what is listed above.
- Education: HS w/tech school or IT training.
- Experience: Corporate level basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office products required. Prior experience with an AS400 System I mainframe is a plus, but not necessary.
- Key Competencies: System command line experience. Program troubleshooting skills. Joblog interpretation skills. Software upgrade experience. Experience with Active Directory and exchange.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employers M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply, visit www.segra.com
Systems Analyst/Developer, Augusta County Service Authority | Verona
Posted: December 2019
Augusta County Service Authority is seeking a non-exempt full-time Systems Analyst/Developer I or II. Systems Analyst/Developer participates in information services program development and management in coordination with department directors and supervisors; prepares and maintains systems, records, and files. This position will perform scripting/programming in SQL, SQL Report Builder, ASP/VBScript, PHP, C#, and AS/400 environments. Provide analytical support as needed, provide database integration support between various software applications, package software applications for network deployment, maintain software update/patch appliance, maintain hardware and update firmware on various systems as needed, and provide web design and maintenance for ACSA. Additional responsibilities include overseeing setup and deployment of mobile devices, copying and scanning equipment maintenance, investigate and resolve script, report, and software application issues. Troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, remote access connectivity, and related communication systems.
Analyst/Developer I must possess an Associate Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or any combination of relevant education and experience in these fields. Analyst/Developer II must possess a 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or closely related field; prefer (2) years previous experience and/or training in relevant information technology and/or computer operations.
An application with resume can be submitted on our website at www.acsawater.com. A detailed job description is available for review online. Employment applications are available at Augusta County Service Authority Administration & Engineering Office located at 18 Government Center Lane, Verona, VA. Benefits include, health, dental, life insurance, voluntary benefits, vacation pay, holiday pay, and Virginia Retirement System. Monday -Friday work schedule. Equal Opportunity Employer. Posting is open until filled.